Learn the lute online with my ‘Beginner’s Renaissance Lute Tutor’.
The course includes:
- 7 introductory lessons and 30 beginner’s lessons.
- 8 technical exercises
- In depth analysis of right and left hand ‘thumb inside’ Renaissance technique.
- Free support via email.
- Advice on buying a lute and stringing it.
- Links to useful lute-related websites.
- A glossary of lute terms.
Each lesson includes:
- A new piece to learn, constructively graded by difficulty to allow simple progressive learning.
- A video performance of the piece with focus on both hands.
- Three simple technical and musical suggestions to focus on.
Once subscribed, you will be emailed details enabling you to access the lessons online.
The course costs £50 per year and includes all future updates.
New subscribers will receive one of my CDs for free – (email me to let me know which one you’d like!)
Subscribers will also receive 20% off private lessons with me via skype or in person. See my Teaching page for more details.
20% of all subscriptions will be donated to the UK Lute Society.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time.
Current subscribers: 161
*This course is designed for those wanting to learn the Renaissance lute in ‘G’ (6-10 courses/string-pairs) not the Baroque lute in ‘d minor’ (11-13 courses) or the Theorbo. Please email me if you are unsure whether your instrument is correct for this course.
*Please also note that this course is not designed to replace the role of lute teachers, only enhance the learning process. I recommend that subscribers have lessons in person in addition to this course.